Bless this Blog.

Looking for a Bartender for your next function? E-Mail CharlesTheBartender@Yahoo.com or Call Me! (207) 432-5056

Thoughts, stories, ideas, recipes, cheers, and more... What else did you think you would get for a $1 tip?

For those of you looking for something on the more sophisticated side you have my apologies. This blog unfortunately mirrors the author (yours truly.) Some of the humor is not for everyone but I liked it and it's my blog so there! My patrons sometimes ask me where I come up with some of this stuff. I am glad to tell them my mind is a lot like Canada. It is sometimes a bit cold, there are a few dark corners, some of it down right confusing and even a bit dirty but there is also a lot of neat stuff up there. So I hope you all enjoy this blog! ... Cheers!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Barenjager - a little shot of honey.

I picked up a bottle of Barenjager the other day on a tip from a friend of mine. He said it could be used in many ways and I would be very happy I had it. I figured the best way to try it out was to give it a straight shot in a chilled glass. Thinking a good way to help me sleep was to take a hit from the honey bee nectar. Let me tell you it was seriously like drinking straight honey. This liqueur is so smooth. Shooting it was a bit strong sort of like Winnie the Pooh just eating directly out of the honey pot however, I could easily sip this over ice.I was also told a splash of this over vanilla ice cream works well too. I do not currently have this at my bar as not many do but I can tell you I will get them to carry Barenjager in the future. Here are a few other uses...

Pink Honey Martini
1 oz. - Barenjager
2 oz. - Vodka
Splash of Cranberry juice
2 slices fresh lime juice.



Champagne Polonaise
1 oz. - Blackberry Brandy
1 oz. - Barenjager
Fill with Champagne
* Serve in a champagne flute


Golden Zinger Martini
.5 oz. - Barenjager
2 oz - Citron Vodka
.5 oz - Lemonchello
Splash of OJ
Splash of fresh lemon juice


Bee Hive Cocktail

1 oz. - Barenjager
2 oz. - Whiskey
1/4 oz. - Fresh squeezed lemon


And of course a couple of parting shots...

Honeydew Me Shot
2 parts - Barenjager
1 part - Melon liqueur
1 part Pineapple juice


Killer
Bee Shot
Layer these parts
1 part - Jagermeister
1 part - Barenjager
1 part - Jagermeister
1 part - Barenjager

Remember these guys! "The Killer Bees" from the WWF
!!!
... I really couldn't resist.



No comments:

Post a Comment