Bless this Blog.

Looking for a Bartender for your next function? E-Mail CharlesTheBartender@Yahoo.com or Call Me! (207) 432-5056

Thoughts, stories, ideas, recipes, cheers, and more... What else did you think you would get for a $1 tip?

For those of you looking for something on the more sophisticated side you have my apologies. This blog unfortunately mirrors the author (yours truly.) Some of the humor is not for everyone but I liked it and it's my blog so there! My patrons sometimes ask me where I come up with some of this stuff. I am glad to tell them my mind is a lot like Canada. It is sometimes a bit cold, there are a few dark corners, some of it down right confusing and even a bit dirty but there is also a lot of neat stuff up there. So I hope you all enjoy this blog! ... Cheers!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Call me Princess

Thursday was my first night at Fortifem Ultra Martini Lounge. This is a sweet little martini lounge in the heart of Portland's "Old Port." more on that in another post... This night was sort of a quiet night and I had the fortune to meet a "Princess!" Well sort of, here is how it all went down.

A short chubby brunette walks into my bar with 3 guys that look like they are all trying very hard to be the next Vanilla Ice. "Hi my name is Charles." I say to her extending a hand shake. She promptly introduces herself as "Princess." Right away her majesty orders a Well Vodka Collins and tells me she likes her drink strong. I pour a fair drink and she is already telling me it is "not enough booze to get her drunk." I respond with "Well you can buy a second one but my goal is not to get you drunk." Strike 1!

Then she complains about the $7 cost of the drink and then starts bickering with Vanilla Ice #1 and #2 about the price of a Long Island Ice Tea and she doesn't want to spend that much. I am not certain what kingdom she is the princess of but seems this kingdom is also suffering the economic constraints of the common peasant. Strike 2!


Now I figured money may be a bit easier for a "Princess." This is when she signs her credit card slip leaving a .50 cent tip. Strike 3!

I take a peek at the Visa slip and see the Princess's given name and say "so I guess Princess is long for Kim, huh?" "Don't be ashamed of your peasant name, Kim."

No comments:

Post a Comment