Bless this Blog.

Looking for a Bartender for your next function? E-Mail CharlesTheBartender@Yahoo.com or Call Me! (207) 432-5056

Thoughts, stories, ideas, recipes, cheers, and more... What else did you think you would get for a $1 tip?

For those of you looking for something on the more sophisticated side you have my apologies. This blog unfortunately mirrors the author (yours truly.) Some of the humor is not for everyone but I liked it and it's my blog so there! My patrons sometimes ask me where I come up with some of this stuff. I am glad to tell them my mind is a lot like Canada. It is sometimes a bit cold, there are a few dark corners, some of it down right confusing and even a bit dirty but there is also a lot of neat stuff up there. So I hope you all enjoy this blog! ... Cheers!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's a Great Martini Charlie Brown!


As I sit here typing I have It's a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown playing in the background. An American classic much like the holiday itself. Something about seeing Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin brings me back to when I was a kid watching Charlie Brown with my Mom and Dad. Funny enough the same questions my Pop had then still resonate with me today. Where are all the parents in this little group? And what parent in their right mind allows their kid to be out all night and eventually fall asleep shivering to death wearing shorts in late October in a pumpkin patch? How the hell does Sally get her hair to stay that way? Lastly was Peppermint Patty the first ever cartoon lesbian?

All of this Great Pumpkin talk brings Pumpkin cocktails to mind. That's right on Halloween night the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch and delivers pumpkin cocktails to all the boys and girls who want a drink... or something like that. Anyway here are a couple pumpkin cocktails and a couple others for all hallows eve!


Pumpkin Carver
1.5 oz. - Orange Flavored Vodka
.5 oz - Maple Syrup
Splash of Ginger-Ale
1 oz. - Pumpkin Liqueur
1 Squeeze Fresh Lemon juice
Shake over Ice and Strain
Garnish with apple chips


Pumpkin Spice Martini
1.5 oz. - Spiced Rum
1.5 oz. - Pumpkin Spice Liqueur
.5 oz. - Triple Sec
1 egg white
3 dashes Angostura aromatic bitters
Shake over Ice and Strain
Grated nutmeg for garnish


Pumpkin Eater Martini
1 oz. - Citron Vodka
1 oz. - Pumpkin Spice Schnapps
.5 oz. - Amaretto
.5 oz. - Irish Cream
.5 oz. - Half and Half Cream
Shake over Ice and StrainRim glass with nutmeg

Smashing Pumpkin
1 oz. - Gin
1.5 oz. - Pumpkin Spice Schnapps
1 oz. - Sour Mix
Serve over ice
Rim glass with cinnamon sugar



Candy Corn Shot

1 Part - Irish Cream
1 Part - Vanilla Vodka
1 Part - Butterscotch Schnapps


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment