Bless this Blog.

Looking for a Bartender for your next function? E-Mail CharlesTheBartender@Yahoo.com or Call Me! (207) 432-5056

Thoughts, stories, ideas, recipes, cheers, and more... What else did you think you would get for a $1 tip?

For those of you looking for something on the more sophisticated side you have my apologies. This blog unfortunately mirrors the author (yours truly.) Some of the humor is not for everyone but I liked it and it's my blog so there! My patrons sometimes ask me where I come up with some of this stuff. I am glad to tell them my mind is a lot like Canada. It is sometimes a bit cold, there are a few dark corners, some of it down right confusing and even a bit dirty but there is also a lot of neat stuff up there. So I hope you all enjoy this blog! ... Cheers!

Friday, September 17, 2010

The Bloody - Tini and a show.

The other night I was working behind the bar of a busy Italian restaurant. I was in the middle of a pretty good rush and making a Lemon Drop Martini while I had a few orders for wines and mixed drinks coming from my servers. Just as I grabbed the bottle of Citron the glass I was using in my left hand started to slip. My hands where wet and so out of shear reaction I pulled the glass into my body and my right hand holding a full bottle of Citron followed. As the two connected the glass in my left hand shattered and left shards of glass everywhere including a few in my hand!

Would you like some type A+ on the rim of your martini?

I quickly not to break my rhythm grabbed a bar rag and kept about my work. I was bleeding like crazy and trying to get through the rush before I fixed myself up. The look of horror on my customers face as I spun around to give her the show of the pour into the martini glass while blood ran down my other hand was priceless! Thank goodness one of the servers (thank you Carlos) took note of me trying to do it all with one hand and jumped in for me sending me to the back to tend to my wounds. A few pieces of gauze and tape later I was patched up enough to get back to work. Unfortunately the location of the cuts where such as to not lend themselves to covering. So throughout the night I would get a good healthy dose of vodka, gin or some other spirit right into the cut. OUCH!

I could just see it on the ride home as the cop pulled me over for swerving... Have you been drinking this evening? No however I have been taking it pretty intravenously periodically throughout the night Officer. OK Sir no need to push I will just show myself to the back of your cruiser.

So in the spirit of this all I will share with you all the Bloody-Tini and the Lemon Drop Martini. The Bloody-Tini is a great take off the old Bloody Mary. I always hate when I have a Bloody Mary and all the ice melts and just dilutes the thick texture of the drink. With the Bloody-Tini this issue is resolved and it is very simple to make. The Lemon Drop Martini is light and just the right mix of sweet and sour. It reminds me a lot of the old Lemon Head candy I use to have by the box as a kid. Just be sure to leave out the actual blood in both even if the vampire movies are a big thing now days.

Cheers!

Bloody-Tini
2 oz Vodka
3 oz Bloody Mary mix
2 dashes of Tabasco
In a pint glass filled with ice dash with 2 shots of Tabasco sauce.
Pour 2 oz of vodka or for an extra kick use pepper vodka into the pint glass.
Fill the rest of the glass with Bloody Mary mix of your choice or my homemade mix below.
Shake and strain into a martini glass and garnish with a lime wedge.

Bloody Mary Mix
Clamato juice (The clam juice mixed with the tomato juice gives this a good brine saltiness flavor. Don't worry if you don't like seafood this is not a strong taste of clams.)
1 oz olive juice
1 tablespoon Wocester sauce
1 oz lime juice
few dashes of hot sauce
1 tablespoon of horseradish

Lemon Drop Martini
2 oz - Citron Vodka
1 oz - Limonchello (clear)
Splash of sour mix
1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
Use a lemon to coat the rim before sugaring it.
Garnish with a lemon wheel