Bless this Blog.

Looking for a Bartender for your next function? E-Mail CharlesTheBartender@Yahoo.com or Call Me! (207) 432-5056

Thoughts, stories, ideas, recipes, cheers, and more... What else did you think you would get for a $1 tip?

For those of you looking for something on the more sophisticated side you have my apologies. This blog unfortunately mirrors the author (yours truly.) Some of the humor is not for everyone but I liked it and it's my blog so there! My patrons sometimes ask me where I come up with some of this stuff. I am glad to tell them my mind is a lot like Canada. It is sometimes a bit cold, there are a few dark corners, some of it down right confusing and even a bit dirty but there is also a lot of neat stuff up there. So I hope you all enjoy this blog! ... Cheers!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Empty Glass

I've been a bartender for a little while now. I realize I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, the brightest light on the tree or however your saying goes to say someone isn't too smart. Although when it comes to booze and how to make drinks I tend to know my shit. With that said from time to time I do get stumped. Case in point someone asked if I knew how to make an "Air Conditioner" shot. My response was to blow on their face and spill water on their shoe.


So this past Saturday was a long day for me. I was on the back end of a double shift and my tolerance for stupid was pretty much at it's limit. When few friends of mine came to see me and that put me in a better mood. After the ceremonial hugs and hand shakes it was time to get down to business and make them something tasty. When asked what I could get the 3 ladies the first two gave me the artistic freedom I am use to with a simple response of  "surprise me." The third chick however had plans of her own...


Now when I go to a restaurant I usually look at the menu or like the other two ladies did I ask the wait staff for their suggestion. Not this chick, Nooooooo.....! Without even so much as a word she hands me a slip of paper and tells me to "make  me that." My first reaction was shock. Second was to think this must be the same chick that goes to a restaurant with a cook book and points to a page with the head chef. Last and keep in mind I already said my tolerance for people was pretty much at zero so I simply asked her if I came to her job and pulled dicks out of her mouth? Alright so that last reaction might have been a bit over the top so my apologies.


I took the slip of paper and made her the drink called an "Empty Glass" which I already knew how to make but what the hell I will follow her recipe this time. Now the chick only sipped at the one drink all night and didn't drink but half of it! However I love when my friends come to see me and so thank you for coming. I will try not to be so grumpy next time! But you know me... no promises there. So here without further ado I present to you her version of the Empty Glass and my version of the Air Conditioner shot.


Empty Glass
.5 oz -  Coconut Rum
.5 oz - Peach Schnapps
.5 oz - Melon liqueur
.5 oz - Citron Vodka
.5 oz - Raspberry liqueur
Splash of OJ, Pineapple and Cranberry Juice






Air Conditioner Shot
.5 oz - Peppermint Schnapps
.5 oz - Vodka
3 drops of Tabasco
 
Cheers!



1 comment:

  1. And here I thought you of all people would be a fan of a woman knowing what she wants...

    ReplyDelete