Bless this Blog.

Looking for a Bartender for your next function? E-Mail CharlesTheBartender@Yahoo.com or Call Me! (207) 432-5056

Thoughts, stories, ideas, recipes, cheers, and more... What else did you think you would get for a $1 tip?

For those of you looking for something on the more sophisticated side you have my apologies. This blog unfortunately mirrors the author (yours truly.) Some of the humor is not for everyone but I liked it and it's my blog so there! My patrons sometimes ask me where I come up with some of this stuff. I am glad to tell them my mind is a lot like Canada. It is sometimes a bit cold, there are a few dark corners, some of it down right confusing and even a bit dirty but there is also a lot of neat stuff up there. So I hope you all enjoy this blog! ... Cheers!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dirty Pears???

This weekend at the bar provided yet another fun filled weekend. Two drinks in particular seemed to be bigger hits than all the rest. My version of the Hot & Dirty and another exclusive recipe the Forbidden Pear.

I had a couple of ladies cruise into my bar this weekend and their sense of taste could not have been more different. Sarah liked things light and sweet but not too sweet and Nikki didn't like sweet at all and preferred the spicier side of life. Two very different set of taste buds and if you meet this two-some very different personalities. For that I have two very different drinks.

My version of the "Hot & Dirty" is really quite simple although the name was morphed and twisted throughout the weekend by none other than Nikki herself. Everything from the "Hot & Sticky," "Dirty Hairy," The "Hot & Nasty" and even more creative names like the "Dirty, Sweaty, Hot and Hairy." All these names before we ended with the aptly named by her friend Sarah with affection I am sure The "Hot & Sticky Nikki." So call it what you will but here is my take on the Hot & Dirty Martini


Hot & Dirty
3 oz. - Premium Vodka*
1/2 oz - Olive juice
8 Dashes of Frank's Hot Sauce
Shake over ice and strain into a Martini glass
* If you have an infusion jar, I have used vodka infused with banana peppers and it comes out a bit more tangy
Garnish this with Olives stuffed with garlic


Now the Forbidden Pear is the polar opposite of the Hot & Dirty. This drink is light and sweet and refreshing and gives off the true flavor of pear without being overbearing. Now I call it the Forbidden Pear however Sarah opted for her own name as well as she stepped into the bar for the 2nd time for the night yelling out "Hey bartender I want a Pear Thingy!" Well whatever you call it this is a great drink with lots of natural sweetness... Like me! (Please reserve comments here)


The Forbidden Pear
1.5 oz. - Pear Vodka
1/2 oz. - Whipped Cream Vodka
1/2 oz. - Vanilla Vodka
2 oz. - Pear Nectar
Garnish a Martini glass with thin sliced pear quarters
drizzle lightly with caramel.
Shake over ice and strain into glass
Top with Champagne this adds a crispness to the pear flavor
Garnish with a mint leaf and a small puff of whipped cream

No comments:

Post a Comment