Bless this Blog.

Looking for a Bartender for your next function? E-Mail CharlesTheBartender@Yahoo.com or Call Me! (207) 432-5056

Thoughts, stories, ideas, recipes, cheers, and more... What else did you think you would get for a $1 tip?

For those of you looking for something on the more sophisticated side you have my apologies. This blog unfortunately mirrors the author (yours truly.) Some of the humor is not for everyone but I liked it and it's my blog so there! My patrons sometimes ask me where I come up with some of this stuff. I am glad to tell them my mind is a lot like Canada. It is sometimes a bit cold, there are a few dark corners, some of it down right confusing and even a bit dirty but there is also a lot of neat stuff up there. So I hope you all enjoy this blog! ... Cheers!

Friday, October 7, 2011

A Tip of the Cap to Steve Jobs

Let me start this particular post by saying a few things. First I have never been much of a "Mac guy." I have always owned PC's with exception of my first ever Apple 2C computer. However I can acknowledge sheer genius. Second this was hatched after a few of us got to talking about the life and death of Steve Jobs and what the future will hold for Mac.


This lead to talking about apples, which lead to apple picking and good places to find good apples. This lead to apple pie and of course it's messy yet equally as delicious cousin apple crisp. Of course this spawned a debate over the best hard apple cider. Next came a what the heck is that stuff segment of our ADD throttled conversation when I spotted out of the corner of my eye a bottle of apple rum and just how long that stuff was been there and what the heck to do with it. After a couple shots of the apple rum we finally rounded third where the conversation turned to how to make the best Apple-tini. Down the home stretch we came with other good apple cocktail recipes not forgetting the Washington Apple of course. A simple segway into the trees changing colors, pain in the ass New York drivers during what we New England folk call "leaf peeping season" and quickly moving on to everyone's common hatred of the New York Yankee's! What Derek Jeter and A-Rod's love child would look like but finally how amazing a player he would be. Of course how sad they all were about the collapse of the Sox and how great it was to see the Yankees choke in the playoffs again. Crossing home and back around to where we started with the how much profound effect Steve Jobs has had on this world. This ADHD moment was brought to you by... Tag your it! Wanna go ride bikes? Hey look shinny object!


Lastly I totally pulled this first recipe out of my ass and passed it off in front of my customer as though I knew this one all along. Lucky for me it came out pretty great and so I present to you a few sweet and a little sour with thanks to Eve, Sir Isaac Newton and now Steve Jobs for all they have done with and for apples everywhere. May he rest in peace as we all raise our glasses and give him thanks.

Southern Apple Martini
2 oz. - Apple infused Vodka
1 oz. - Southern Comfort
Splash of Sweet Vermouth
Splash of Cranberry juice
Garnish with a cherry.


The Washington Apple Martini
2 oz. - Crown Royal
1 oz. - Apple schnapps
Splash of Cranberry
Garnish with a apple slice

Caramel Ap
ple
1 oz. - Vodka
1 oz. - Apple schnapps
1 oz. - Caramel Irish Creme
Drizzle caramel inside the glass.
garnish with a apple slice


The Italian Apple-Tini
2 oz. - Apple infused vodka
1 oz. - Sour apple shnapps
1 oz. - Ameretto
garnish with a apple slice




Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment