Bless this Blog.

Looking for a Bartender for your next function? E-Mail CharlesTheBartender@Yahoo.com or Call Me! (207) 432-5056

Thoughts, stories, ideas, recipes, cheers, and more... What else did you think you would get for a $1 tip?

For those of you looking for something on the more sophisticated side you have my apologies. This blog unfortunately mirrors the author (yours truly.) Some of the humor is not for everyone but I liked it and it's my blog so there! My patrons sometimes ask me where I come up with some of this stuff. I am glad to tell them my mind is a lot like Canada. It is sometimes a bit cold, there are a few dark corners, some of it down right confusing and even a bit dirty but there is also a lot of neat stuff up there. So I hope you all enjoy this blog! ... Cheers!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Saint Germain Cocktails

These are a couple of new ones I pulled out of my behind on the spot. I mean it happens all the time, customers come to you and say things like: "What do you make that's good?" "What is your favorite thing to make?" Or the ever popular "Surprise me." Like I have any idea what their personal taste is. Here I am going to make you a $12 martini and you are going to take one sip and tell me you don't like it because it is too sweet, sour or because it is yellow. So this time some one asked me to surprise them. They liked "fruity drinks, sweet but not too sweet."

I like to use Saint Germain in these instances. It adds a floral and exotic entity and a touch of sweetness without going over the top if used sparingly. Saint Germain is a French liqueur made from elderflower blossoms. So next time you find yourself in my neck of the woods or at home with the right ingredients feel free to enjoy one of these little bits of heaven in a glass.


Forbidden Pear Martini
2 oz. - Ginger infused Pear Vodka
.5 oz. - St. Germain
1 oz. - Pear Nectar
1 - Slice of Fresh Lime squeezed
Shake over ice and strain

Finish with a splash of Chambord that will sink to the bottom.
Garnish with 1/4 of thin sliced pear fanned around the glass.


Orange Sunrise Martini
2 oz. - Orange Skittles Infused Vodka
.5 oz. - St. Germain
1 oz. - Sour Mix
.5 oz. - Cointreau
Shake over ice and strain
Rim glass in orange sugar
Garnish with a Orange slice
Top with Champagne

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment