Bless this Blog.

Looking for a Bartender for your next function? E-Mail CharlesTheBartender@Yahoo.com or Call Me! (207) 432-5056

Thoughts, stories, ideas, recipes, cheers, and more... What else did you think you would get for a $1 tip?

For those of you looking for something on the more sophisticated side you have my apologies. This blog unfortunately mirrors the author (yours truly.) Some of the humor is not for everyone but I liked it and it's my blog so there! My patrons sometimes ask me where I come up with some of this stuff. I am glad to tell them my mind is a lot like Canada. It is sometimes a bit cold, there are a few dark corners, some of it down right confusing and even a bit dirty but there is also a lot of neat stuff up there. So I hope you all enjoy this blog! ... Cheers!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Tennessee Peaches

Saturday night marked a friend of mines birthday and seeing as I am just a broke old bartender I decided the best thing to give her much like a child makes a homemade card would be a cocktail made from the heart of the finest hooch that just a few sheckles could buy. I am speaking about Jack Daniels of course. No that is not whom birthday it was but, that was the key component and personal favorite of my friend to this drink of the night. Combine that with a bit of the Steve Miller Band singing "really like your peaches. Want to shake your tree." (I think that line is a euphemism but I am really not sure.) I know what your thinking, and yes that was a long way to go to use a Steve Miller Band line in a blog post. Well wallah, there you have it the Tennessee Peach.


* A funny side note about Jack Daniels: Made in Lynchburg, Tennessee this spirit is not allowed to be consumed in the very place it is distilled. You see Lynchburg is part of a dry county where it is illegal to buy and sell the very product that this small town is now famous for.


So after some careful consideration and some trial and error mixing I came away with the Tennessee Peach. Next time you find yourself out on the front porch during the next heat wave, and as crazy as the weather has been here in Maine that could be anytime here in February. Well just pour yourself one of these in a tall pint glass, kick back in your rocker and watch the sun set on another great year of life.


Charles the Bartender's
Lynchburg Lemonade
In a Pint glass filled with ice
2 oz. - Jack Daniels
1 oz. - Lemoncello (clear)
Splash of fresh lemon juice
Fill with sour mix
Top with Sprite
Rim glass in lemon sugar
Garnish with a Lemon Wheel



*Also next time you find yourself grilling a nice juicy steak throw on a couple of peaches halved and pitted, then drizzle with honey and let them sizzle.



Tennessee Peach
In a Pint glass filled with ice
2 oz. - Jack Daniels
1 oz. - Peach Schnapps
1 oz. - Sour Mix
Fill with Peach Nectar



Yup, Some lonely schmuck made a woman completely out of peaches.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment