Bless this Blog.

Looking for a Bartender for your next function? E-Mail CharlesTheBartender@Yahoo.com or Call Me! (207) 432-5056

Thoughts, stories, ideas, recipes, cheers, and more... What else did you think you would get for a $1 tip?

For those of you looking for something on the more sophisticated side you have my apologies. This blog unfortunately mirrors the author (yours truly.) Some of the humor is not for everyone but I liked it and it's my blog so there! My patrons sometimes ask me where I come up with some of this stuff. I am glad to tell them my mind is a lot like Canada. It is sometimes a bit cold, there are a few dark corners, some of it down right confusing and even a bit dirty but there is also a lot of neat stuff up there. So I hope you all enjoy this blog! ... Cheers!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring, Sunshine, Margarita's and Snow?

This past week I have been plague with a good dose of writers block. Yes, I realize this blog is nothing more than the thoughts in my head but after all I am a man and unlike women who when asked "what are you thinking?" If they respond with "nothing" then they are lying and you are screwed because the thoughts they are having are more than likely about you and they just haven't thought of how to convey what a disappointment you are for whatever the reason is. Men on the other hand when asked the same question have all the right in the world to give the "nothing" answer. Why you may ask? Because absolutely nothing is flowing along our brain waves. There are at least 6 times in a day when I can say I am clinically brain dead! Seriously nothing going on between my ears. I would say in any given day there is about 25% of my time awake time is spent with absolutely no thoughts at all. Nothing! Another 40% of the time I am thinking something dirty, that is why I smile a lot. If I am smiling and looking at you, rest assured the dirty thought has you in it somehow. I would say about another 20% of the time is filled hair brained Ralph Cramden/ Fred Flintstone type get rich quick ideas.

Side note:I still say the soap melter idea where you put your final chips of a bar of soap and the machine melts them down to make a liquid soap out of them is still a killer idea.
But I digress... The rest of my thought time is day to day stuff like don't forget to breath, hey I'm hungry, one foot in front of the other and if I do this will I get fired type thoughts.



With all this said I was giving thought to Spring. I am growing some vegetables this year for the first time ever. I was more excited that a sexually active teenage girl to get her period (to graphic?) When I saw the first sprouts of my tomato plants being grown inside pop through the soil. I have an entire herb garden as well so you can bet a few recipes will have some tasty fresh herbs soon. The days are slowly getting longer, the sun is coming through the clouds a bit more and I can make it from my door to the car without everything in my nose freezing just so have it all thaw and be spread on my sleeve. With Spring comes hopes for Summer and Summer in a resort town springs thoughts of money. Lots and lots of dirty money. And what comes of all this Spring hope??? Snow! 10 - 15 inches of flakes tonight! Are you freakin' serious!!! I want to find a weatherman and throw him off a bridge.


Alright back on track, with all this hope comes change. Follow me now and try not to get ahead of me. Yes I said change. I have been offering up quite a few martinis in the recent past and I thought now might be a good time to offer a change. I went out a few days ago for tacos and sat at the bar. I have been having a great deal of fun infusing vodka lately with watermelon and hot peppers (see my blog on Bloody Mary's Revenge.) This Mexican bistro was infusing tequila. Now every time I drink tequila I loose my pants somehow. I could have them on very snug with a deadbolt as a belt and somehow I will end the night pant-less, happy and more than likely will have tried to write my name in some grassy knoll in public.

This reminds me of the 2 years I spent in San Antonio, TX partying along the River Walk every other night. At 19 I was able to get a fake ID that worked at all the bars at a nearby tattoo shop. The margarita was my drink of choice. Also the root of the picture to the right. I found this guy by the side of the road during Fiesta San Antonio after a few margaritas, we were both drunk and I just had to have a picture.

So this week comes the changes in the season and now a change of infusions. Here are a couple great ideas for infusing and using tequila. Cheers! ... Now where did my pants go?



Mango, Habanero Pepper and Cucumber Tequila

This tequila has just the right amount of sweet and spice and the cucumber chills it all out and makes it fresh. Place the following ingredients into a infusion jar:
Start with a gallon of your favorite Blanco Tequila. The better the tequila the better the taste and less headaches in the end.
Slice 8 Habanero peppers into rings removing the seeds.
Peel & slice 5 ripe mangos into wedges.
Peel & slice 2 large Seedless Cucumbers
Let this sit in the infusion jar for at least 1 week.


Sweet Melon and Mint Tequila
This tequila comes out a bit more tropical but has the fresh taste of melon. Place the following ingredients into a infusion jar:
1 Gallon of good Blanco Tequila
3 ripe Cantaloupe - Remove the seeds, cut into wedges and remove from the rind.
3 Honeydew Melons - Remove the seeds, cut into wedges and remove from the rind.
6 Sprigs of fresh Mint
Let this sit in the infusion jar for at least 1 week.

Now to build the Perfect Margarita.
Serve this in a margarita glass over ice.
2 oz. - Blanco Tequila - Here is where we use our newly infused tequila.
1 oz. - Cointreau - If you don't care for the people you are giving this to and want to save money a garden variety Triple Sec will do the trick.
1 oz. - Sweet and Sour Mix
Juice of 1/2 a Fresh Lime
I personally like salt on my rim but that is up to you, some people prefer sugar or nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment