Bless this Blog.

Looking for a Bartender for your next function? E-Mail CharlesTheBartender@Yahoo.com or Call Me! (207) 432-5056

Thoughts, stories, ideas, recipes, cheers, and more... What else did you think you would get for a $1 tip?

For those of you looking for something on the more sophisticated side you have my apologies. This blog unfortunately mirrors the author (yours truly.) Some of the humor is not for everyone but I liked it and it's my blog so there! My patrons sometimes ask me where I come up with some of this stuff. I am glad to tell them my mind is a lot like Canada. It is sometimes a bit cold, there are a few dark corners, some of it down right confusing and even a bit dirty but there is also a lot of neat stuff up there. So I hope you all enjoy this blog! ... Cheers!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sparkle, Fizz and Pops!

Maybe it's the dreary weather, perhaps it's the cold November mornings or it could just be a longing for a little something different that prompted this posting. Sometimes life lacks sparkle, fizz or that certain pop and it is up to each one of use to infuse it in our own lives. This is sounding WAY too deep of an introduction to three simple drinks. So without further ado I give you some sparkle, fizz and pop today.


Limonchello Sparkle
1 part - Lemonchello (clear)
1/2 part - Cointreau
Shake over ice and strain into a champagne flute
Fill the glass with Champagne or Sparkling wine
Garnish with a lemon twist


Drambuie Fizz
In a rocks glass
Muddle 6 - 8 lime wedges
Fill the glass with ice
2 oz. - Drambuie
Top with Soda Water

This last one I must give credit to Lori who gave me the idea for this martini. This is a play on the old popsicle I can still picture on the side of the ice cream truck that use to roll through the neighborhood.

Bomb Pop Martini
2 oz. - Bacardi Razz
2 oz. - Blue Curacao
Shake this over ice and strain into the glass.
1/2 oz. - Lime juice
1/2 oz. - Grenadine down the side of the glass so it sinks
Top with Lemon- Lime Soda
Garnish with a cherry in the bottom.


And if you ever need to make one for someone under the age of 21 here is a good non-alcoholic rendition of the Bomb Pop... I know what is this blog coming to? Well here is a little something for everyone.



Bomb
Pop Mocktail

Fill a Collins or Pint glass with ice
Pour all ingredients over the ice in equal parts in this order.
1 part - Cranberry juice
1 part - Blue Gatorade or Powerade
1 part - Lemon - Lime Soda

No comments:

Post a Comment