Bless this Blog.

Looking for a Bartender for your next function? E-Mail CharlesTheBartender@Yahoo.com or Call Me! (207) 432-5056

Thoughts, stories, ideas, recipes, cheers, and more... What else did you think you would get for a $1 tip?

For those of you looking for something on the more sophisticated side you have my apologies. This blog unfortunately mirrors the author (yours truly.) Some of the humor is not for everyone but I liked it and it's my blog so there! My patrons sometimes ask me where I come up with some of this stuff. I am glad to tell them my mind is a lot like Canada. It is sometimes a bit cold, there are a few dark corners, some of it down right confusing and even a bit dirty but there is also a lot of neat stuff up there. So I hope you all enjoy this blog! ... Cheers!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Bee's Knees!

Gin is definitely an acquired taste. To me it tastes a lot like a pine tree. However done right it can work. So when I presented this nod to the prohibition era cocktail as the drink of the day at the bar I was met with a lot of customers that said "I'm not really a gin drinker." I couldn't help but understand but give this little single liquor cocktail a try. This is the answer to a not too sweet and just a little different than the norm and not too expensive. There are a few variations so feel free to take your pick. You might just think it is the "cat's pajamas," the "tops, the "nipples on a strip a bacon?" The Bee's Knees!



The Bee's Knees (Rocks)
2 oz - Gin
1 oz - Grapefruit juice
1 oz - Pineapple juice (unsweetened)
1 teaspoon - Honey
Shake like crazy over ice till you get a good froth
Serve over ice with a orange wedge for garnish



Bee's Knees (Straight Up)
2 oz - Gin
.5 oz - Lemon juice
.5 oz - Honey Syrup
To make Honey syrup: Combine equal parts honey and hot water, and stir until dissolved.
For an extra kick use a splash of Barenjager instead of honey syrup
Shake over ice and strain into a martini glass
Garnish with a lemon twist

* Side note: Do you know how tough it is to explain the saying "the bees knees" or "the cat's pajamas" to someone not from this country? Even tougher explain it to mean something cool?


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment