Bless this Blog.

Looking for a Bartender for your next function? E-Mail CharlesTheBartender@Yahoo.com or Call Me! (207) 432-5056

Thoughts, stories, ideas, recipes, cheers, and more... What else did you think you would get for a $1 tip?

For those of you looking for something on the more sophisticated side you have my apologies. This blog unfortunately mirrors the author (yours truly.) Some of the humor is not for everyone but I liked it and it's my blog so there! My patrons sometimes ask me where I come up with some of this stuff. I am glad to tell them my mind is a lot like Canada. It is sometimes a bit cold, there are a few dark corners, some of it down right confusing and even a bit dirty but there is also a lot of neat stuff up there. So I hope you all enjoy this blog! ... Cheers!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Flaming Dr Pepper Shot


I was watching a show this week about how Dr. Pepper is one of the only remaining independently owned soft drink companies. Sort of like the cheese stands alone I guess. Dr. Pepper has been a southern favorite for years and continues to be today. And don't even try to mention the Doctors retarded brother Mr. Pibb and tell me it tastes the same! In this case there is nothing like the real thing and this got me thinking about whoever the guy was who had all the free time and energy to mix all the ingredients just right to make the Flaming Dr. Pepper shot. I mean just think of all the variations and how many times he was wrong and still kept trying and how many times this poor schmuck was just too lit to go on with his research and just passed out before getting up and going right back the drawing board. I mean as if Dr. Pepper was just not good enough now was have it in shot for with alcohol and FIRE!!! Only thing to make it more perfect is add bacon then it would be the official drink of all real men. This special blend involves amaretto, beer, 151 and fire! 3 of those 4 parts are awesome! Some people figure to research cures for cancer or the common cold. Not this king of the flaming shots! So hold up your glasses and then light them on fire here comes the Flaming Doctor Pepper shot! Cheers!



The Flaming
Dr. Pepper Shot

3/4 shot amaretto almond liqueur
1/4 oz 151 proof rum
1/2 glass beer

Fill a shot glass about 3/4 full with amaretto and top it off with enough 151 proof rum to be able to burn.

Place the shot glass in another glass and fill the outer glass with beer (right up to the level of the shot glass).

Ignite the amaretto/151 and let it burn for a while. Blow it out (or leave it lit if your are awesome!)



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment