Bless this Blog.

Looking for a Bartender for your next function? E-Mail CharlesTheBartender@Yahoo.com or Call Me! (207) 432-5056

Thoughts, stories, ideas, recipes, cheers, and more... What else did you think you would get for a $1 tip?

For those of you looking for something on the more sophisticated side you have my apologies. This blog unfortunately mirrors the author (yours truly.) Some of the humor is not for everyone but I liked it and it's my blog so there! My patrons sometimes ask me where I come up with some of this stuff. I am glad to tell them my mind is a lot like Canada. It is sometimes a bit cold, there are a few dark corners, some of it down right confusing and even a bit dirty but there is also a lot of neat stuff up there. So I hope you all enjoy this blog! ... Cheers!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

National Margarita Day??!!!

Are you freakin' serious?! Did I seriously miss National Margarita Day?? Even better is there really such a day? If there is a God or a Heaven any or all of the answers to those questions would be a resounding YES!

I long time ago in a land far far away while I was in the Army I had the good fortune of being stationed at Fort Sam-Houston in San Antonio, Texas. Even better was my schedule there was a loose one with most weekends and weeknights left to my own devises. A short taxi ride and a $15 fake ID made at a the tattoo parlor across the street from the Alamo later... I never did see anymore than the outside of that national landmark.

Well needless to say 85% of my free time was roaming the clubs along the famous River Walk. For those of you who do not know what the River walk is, it is in the heart of San Antonio, TX approximately a 5 mile stretch of walkways along the San Antonio River. This walk way is lined with shops, bars, hotels, bars, restaurants, bars, a mall, bars, art museum, bars and more bars! What did they serve the most of in these bars? Tequila which I believe is Spanish for "water." as the two liquids seem to flow just as plentiful.

One of my favorite spots was the River Rat Cafe. A hole in the wall type of bar but popular enough to be a key stop along your River Walk Journey. The River Rat was widely know for its wonderful assortment of what else? MARGARITAS!!! One of which the size of a grown mans head. Blue ones, purple one, pink ones and more!!! Oh how I love a great Margarita! Viva La San Antonio!

As if the River Walk was not enough, San Antonio is best known for it's many festivals. Fiesta San Antonio, Los Amanas, Saint Mary's Clam Bake and Cinco De Mayo where just a few of the festivals I gladly took part in. All of which the headlining drink was the Margarita!

I think you get my point by now. I have had a long standing love affair with this Tequila delight. And even though it has been know to cause a few bad decisions and loosing of my pants at most inopportune times. I forgive the wonderful elixir and order another margarita with pleasure.

So here are a few good Margarita recipes for you all to enjoy from the basic to the not so basic. And by all means have a happy and safe Margarita Day!

Proper Basic Margarita
In a Margarita Glass filled with ice
3 Parts - Tequila
2 Parts - Cointreau or Triple Sec
1 Part - Lime juice
Rim glass with salt and garnish with a lime


The American Margarita
In a Margarita Glass filled with ice2 Parts - Tequila
1 Parts - Cointreau or Triple Sec
1 Part - Lime juice
1 Part - Sour Mix
Rim glass with salt and garnish with a lime

Creamsicle Margarita
1.5 oz. - Vanilla infused Tequila
2 oz. - OJ
1oz. - Triple Sec
1 scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
Blend till smooth
Garnish with a Orange wedge


Key West Margarita
1.5 oz - Tequila
1 oz. Melon Liqueur
1 Tbsp. - Coconut cream
.5 oz. - Sour Mix
.5 oz. - OJ
Dash of Grenadine
Shake with ice and pour
Garnish with a lime


Ginger Peach Margarita
In a Margarita Glass filled with ice2 oz. - Tequila
1 oz. - Peach Tree
1 oz. - Peach Nectar
.5 oz. - Sour Mix
1 oz. - Ginger Simple Syrup
Shake with ice and pour
Garnish with a peach slice
Top with Ginger Ale

Watermelon Margarita
Muddle 4 cubes of Watermelon with 2 slices of lime
In a Tall glass rimmed with watermelon sugar with ice
2 oz. - Tequila
1 oz. - watermelon liqueur
1 oz. - Sour Mix
Garnish with a Watermelon wedge

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment